Thursday, May 31, 2012

Go, and embrace your liberty.

This Week Under the Influence:

So, mum made homemade raisin toast this week...twice. Needless to say, it has featured heavily in my breakfasts this week.


This week I started reading Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I have wanted to read this for ages, ever since seeing the movie with Winona Rider as Jo March.



As someone who is really close with my sister, I also enjoy that aspect of the book. I believe the bond between sisters is very special (love you Anti) so following the March family sisterly interactions and relationships is also a joy (sorry the language must be rubbing off on me). I know not everyone shares a close relationship with their sister but I happen to think mine's pretty swell.



There is one scene where Jo eats an orange when up late working on her script. Man when I watched that scene I never wanted an orange so bad. 



Below are some of my fave quotes of the book. I think you'll find that most are actually super amusing.

Marmee: I am going to write this man a letter.
Jo: A letter. That'll show him.

Jo: Late at night my mind would come alive with voices and stories and friends as dear to me as any in the real world. I gave myself up to it, longing for transformation.

Jo: He's dull as powder, Meg. Can't you at least marry someone amusing?

Amy: Butter! Oh isn't butter divinity? Oh god thank you for this breakfast.

Amy: We bear our souls and tell the most appalling secrets.
Jo: Imagine, giving up Italy to come live with that awful old man.

Meg: [Meg tsks] Oh Jo, please don't say awful; it's slang.

Saved the best till last...I always find this one inspiring. Lil' pep talk from mum.  

Marmee: Oh, Jo. Jo, you have so many extraordinary gifts; how can you expect to lead an ordinary life? You're ready to go out and - and find a good use for your talent. Tho' I don't know what I shall do without my Jo. Go, and embrace your liberty. And see what wonderful things come of it.

Don't the last two lines just make you wanna pack up your suitcase and see the world!

  


Pics that have inspired me this week:





Ultimate summer chillin'
Elsa Hosk - elle norway 2012
Source:
Knight Cat


Perfect makeup. And that pronounced jaw line - dang!
Natasha Poly at cannes 2012
Source: Knight Cat

Hong Kong adventure - dessert art. All I can think is: multiple sugar mouthgasms. I NEED TO GO TO THIS RESTAURANT. Preferablely now.
Source: Gary Pepper

Please send chair with fluffy cream fur cushion resembling shaggy bear to Niki's room. My behind would really appreciate it.
Source: Knight Cat

Dear black bow. You're simply divine. Let's tie the knot. (Quiff, you're pretty great too). 
Source: Wild Fox

I've wanted to visit Subi markets for a long while now. This post by Style Voyeur has only cemented this desire. The reason I haven't yet ventured there is it would require an early rise on Saturday for it to be a worthwhile journey as it's only open till around 12pm I believe. I just love markets. Going fruit and veggue shopping on a Saturday is one of my fave pastimes. You saw the macaroons right?


Tara Lynn for Vanity Fair
Two words: Sex Bomb!
Source: Wild Fox

Personally, I think this jacket would look better on me...
Source: Oracle Fox


Dree, you are looking all kinds of hot (gedit, gedit!)
Source: Alice in Wardrobe Wonderland


Amazing Cross Stich Art. See Oracle Fox for more amazing artwork.
Source: Oracle Fox

Dear Cop from Once Upon a Time. Let's live happily ever after.

Two seconds away from licking my computer. Mum it's called the Mars Bar Cheesecake - get onto it (please).
Source: Berry Simple

Hey chocolate cake with cream. May I say you are looking mighty spectacular this day. My tastebuds would like to befriend you. Call me.

Hey, pizza on the right. Have you met my tongue? It's currently single and looking to party.
Source: Because it's Awesome

Niki's tongue: Pink, fleshy, easy to please. Seeking sweet, multilayered companion on lazy weekend mornings. Must enjoy spooning. Apply within.  


Additions to the workout playlist:



Have a great weekend folks.


Embrace your liberty!

2 comments:

  1. Love your inspiration pics!

    www.ghettobirdy.blogspot.com.au or follow me on instagram @beckstar27

    ReplyDelete